Tuesday 27 December 2011

Out In The Garden...


Now that it's summer in Melbourne, I love to spend time in my parents' beautiful, old garden. It's full of character and has plenty of different areas to get lost in, filled with pretty flowers and big trees...

In particular, I wanted to share what they've done with their herb garden. It would work equally as well for pint-sized gardens and is completely budget friendly - and looks lovely!

My Dad built it using old pots, tubs and a vintage sink he had. He added the beige tubs (you can pick up similar from any hardware store) and my Mum had the brilliant idea to paint them and the sink with blackboard paint.

I just added the final touches with a steady hand, blue chalk and a coat of hairspray to waterproof it (mind the herbs when you do this). I think the overall result is really quite cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment