Monday 19 December 2011

Latest Project: Vintage Lamp Restyle





So I know it's been a while, but with a move across the world (London to Melbourne) and an impending pregnancy to contend with, life has kept me on my toes of late. Still, I can't pass up a total bargain and the chance to flex my creative skills... even if an ever-increasing bump has slowed me down a bit!


I came across this brass lamp on a recent Sunday morning market venture. Total bargain at $12. I knew it had potential...


I chose a stretch satin-mix material (black & white so it will go with any room's colour scheme) together with a modern print to clash with the vintage base. (The material and some black trim cost less than $10). After some nifty gluing (using fabric glue) of the material to the lamp shade, then the trim around the bottom/top, it was complete. A bit fiddly, but well worth the effort. I'm quite happy with the $22 end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment